Thursday, May 21, 2009

An answer to my son

Why do you want a blog? While helping me to establish this blog my oldest son asked me this question. He is known for such questions. You see he didn’t ask because he doesn’t believe that I have something to share, he asked because he wanted to know with whom I wanted to share? Blogs take many forms; for some they are a type of digital journal. For others a blog is a method for disseminating family, company, or industry news. Yet for others a blog is a means of teaching. My purpose is all of the above, and more.

I am inspired to start this blog after reading the opening entry of the blog of a friend and schoolmate from my past. Whether she knows it or not she and her family (her sister and her mother) have had a strong influence upon my life. I, like my friend, believe that I have been called to write. I have three unfinished books all which are progressing slowly. Two are works of fiction, one is not. `

I am sure that much of my blog will contain my thoughts on Theology, Scripture, Ecclesiology, Prayer, and of course Jesus Christ. I am sure that I will also write of my family, my history, my present, my future and my dreams for how I could be a more obedient, loving and learned servant of my Lord.

I will probably also write about current events, music, art, politics, and anything else I am moved to share. In this particular blog I will write of any subject that moves me. Perhaps in the future I will diversify, perhaps not. For now the blinking cursor is my enemy. A soul stealing, enemy that attempts to accomplish what no other human being has ever been able to accomplish. It has caused me to question my ability.

My blog my dear son is intended for you, mom and Christopher, my friends, your friends, and their friends and family, my former co-workers, my current teachers, mentors, fathers in the faith and those who were in my past and will be in my future.

Pray for me as I pray for you.

2 comments:

  1. Aww, i feel touched.

    I truly look forward to reading what you have to say :D.

    ReplyDelete